Thursday, February 15, 2007

Who's your "person"?

I cried while watching Grey's Anatomy tonight.

When Cristina told Burke she wanted to tell Meredith about her engagement, because Meredith was her "person."

"If I murdered somebody, Meredith is the one I would call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor," Christina said. "She's my person."

Who is your person? Who do you call first when you have great news? Who do you count on when you're sad? When you want to do something fun? When you want to celebrate? When you just want to be yourself?

I'm fortunate because I have a "person." In fact, I have a few. My husband is always there when I need him, whether it's giving me a hug after I feel overwhelmed on my first day of classes or digging my car out of the 4-foot snow drift. He's my "person." I know no matter what I do, or what I say, he'll be there and that means a lot. Like my sister said, my husband is not obligated to love me. He chooses to love me. He chooses to be there for me. Just like I choose to be there for him.

So who is your "person"?

No comments: