Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Quick meal tips,,,,

My new favorite blog, Everything Rachael Ray , inspired me for this post. Here's some of my tricks to making dinner fast! (Boy, I tell ya, spend a few months at home with a newborn and I've turned into a bona-fide housewife..lol)

  • Sharp knives make chopping a lot faster.
  • Buy in bulk when certain foods go on sale. My hubby and I buy tons of chicken breasts when they're on sale, so we never run out. Also, separate the chicken breasts into plastic baggies and put a spice rub on them so when you take them out of the freezer, all you have to do is bake them or fry them or whatever.
  • Always, always, always make your rice in the microwave. It's easier and you don't have to babysit it all the time.
  • Mix whatever spice rub you're using with a teaspoon or so of olive oil. It makes the meat extra tender faster.
  • Italian salad dressing is a great marinade.

Anyone have any other suggestions??

1 comment:

Madeline said...

I am honored to be writing your new favorite blog! Thanks for the kind words!