Saturday, January 13, 2007

And I Am Telling You...Jennifer Hudson Better Win!

I saw Dreamgirls the day after Christmas and have to say that it quickly became one of my favorite movies of all time. A top-ten movie at least. I (obviously) didn't see the original Broadway play, outside of a few clips on YouTube. Now that awards season is here, I'm pulling out the popcorn and getting ready to root for Jennifer Hudson to sweep every category she's nominated in. I could hardly believe it's her first movie role! She was so convincing as Effie, so full of soul. And her voice - unbelievable that she didn't win American Idol. She sang "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" like her life depended on it. I never heard the original version, but I think JHud is on par with Jennifer Holliday, who sang the original. Check out the clip below and let me know what you think...

No comments: