Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm Growing Up....

I'm getting so old guys.

Here's how I know....

1) I pay attention when food items go on sale. Need to know where oranges are cheapest this week? I'm your chick.
2)What's worse is that I know that actual prices of most of the items in the store. I swore to myself I wouldn't grow up and be like my dad, who would drive to three different stores to do the grocery shopping because the meat at one store would be cheaper here, but the canned goods are a steal over there, and you can't buy fruit at the grocery store, oh, no - we had to drive to the other side of town to the farmer's market. Sigh. But now I'm just like him. We do go to three stores now and I can tell you where to get the better deal.
3)You know how during The Price Is Right they show commericals for products that essentially....well, old people buy? I was watching one the other day and I actually thought to myself, "Man, I'd really love one of those Hoverounds."
4)I want to learn how to knit. Although I hear it's very popular now with the young folks. Oh, man, listen to me..."young folks?"
5) Most people my age aren't thinking about retirement or college savings plans. (We're too busy thinking about that first job or wishing our parents had college savings plans for us...) But I'm looking for a job with benefits. Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, Medical Mutual...hook a sista up with something! AND I want a company match on my 401(K). Yessir.

2 comments:

Paula Neal Mooney said...

Funny...

Yes, I sometimes catch myself saying, "Those young people like blah, blah, blah!"

You are an old soul, Tara.

Good and mature.

But we're still young!

Paula

Sincere said...

I feel you!!! I am constantly catching myself doing or saying things that my parents do or did. I was the one who said I would never be like them at this age or that age, but I see it slowly coming out of me. I also started a college fund for Justin, I want to start early so that I won't be pushed in the end. ya dig? Growth is good though.